Missing Fork Parts!

Need help with your suspension? Ask inside.
Philip M

Missing Fork Parts!

Postby Philip M » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi all, Feeling pretty daft.... I stripped the forks on my 1999 GPZ500 S D5, bought new Stanchions and seals now come to put them back together & have some parts missing!!?? Must be the gremlins,,, Anyone out there have the following left over from a forks refurb I can buy off you?
Here goes - 92022 Washer (between the spacer & Spring)- 92033 Snap Ring (Clip to hold fork seal in) - 92033a Fork Spring seat (Top clip to hold all in) - and the Small Damper/Rebound Spring - Part of 44023 but don't want the whole damper listed... £70+ vat & postage,, ouch,,
I could buy them online but the Damper spring doesn't seem to come as a separate part so thought if someone had bought a set of forks/repair they might have these as surplus.
Items parts listed from is from the very good CMS Website, not sure if link will post,, http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1998-d5-e ... ml#results
I am based in London UK, looking forward to getting the bike back on the road!!
Philip

john

Re: Missing Fork Parts!

Postby john » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 am

Hi Philip, and welcome to the ,er, mad house, :lol: :lol:

There are a couple of members that have changed their fork's, maybe one of them will get back to you.

In the meantime, it may be an idea to visit the nearest bike breaker to you and see if they have any damaged forks in stock. A pair of damaged one's should only set you back £20 to £30 then you could remove the parts you need, ;)
If you do get a set, just make sure they are the right one's as a 99 is a 2nd gen bike and the forks are different than 1st gen bikes....1st gen is 87 to 93, 2nd gen is 93 onwards.

Philip M

Postby Philip M » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi John, Thank you for the reply. mad is good :D
Good idea, never thought breakers for damaged forks, will get on the phone & net to try round.
Looking back I should have simply said I could do with the bits from inside one fork leg apart from the big spring!
3rd generation it is, at least I have one shiny fork leg done!!

john

Postby john » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:53 am

LOL, These bikes are getting on a bit now, and some parts for them are way, way, to expensive, :lol: . The beauty of them is, there are a lot of them...and their variants..around, so if I need anything thats going to cost an arm and a leg, my first port of call is my local breaker.....I've had that much stuff off them, they even give me discount now, :lol: :lol: :lol: