excessive revs

Need help with your fuel system? Ask inside.
hairdoo

excessive revs

Postby hairdoo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Hi all been a while
Anyway took bike out for a blast and as the engine got hotter the revs started to rise after a few mile it was doing 3000 revs with clutch in at junction sometimes the would slowly drop about a 1000 rpm and slipping clutch would drop them too about same ,i mean like popping the clutch to wheeie but not reving it, throttles operating fine and linkage moves fine too. after getting home it was for want of a better word ticking over at 3000 rpm ,using the tick over screw between carbs i got it down to 1200 rpm but no idea how this will affect it from cold, better mention ive fitted a delkevic full system to it but was doing it with the original system on it, carb related ??? im not sure sticking piston in carbs? damaged diaphragms ?? dunno so any hepl would be appreciated .. Cheer's Dave

Fandango

Re: excessive revs

Postby Fandango » Sun May 02, 2021 6:15 pm

Is the choke working properly, sounds like it may be stuck. I would take the tank off and check the operation of the carb, not just view the linkages.

hairdoo

Postby hairdoo » Mon May 03, 2021 4:57 am

Will av a butcher's at it had tank off yesterday when freeing up throttle as wasn't snapping shut but is now, could do with a little free play in tho think i went too taught on acc cable.. Dave

hairdoo

Postby hairdoo » Sun May 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Not sure why but refitted exhaust making sure there were no leaks and it is much better now 1000 rpm tickover when hot !