excessive travel rear brake

Need help with your brakes? Ask inside.
hairdoo

Re: excessive travel rear brake

Postby hairdoo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Damn it im getting sick of this rear brake as ppl know fitted new pistons/seals to rear caliper and ive just rebuilt rear master cylinder but im still getting a shit load of pedal travel , rear calipers moving and if i spin the wheel it certainly stops it but ive too much pedal travel my foots nearly on the floor both my other bikes have maybe a inch of movement untill they are solid but not mine am at wits end with it gggrrrrrrrrrrr

yanw

Postby yanw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Banjo bleed bolt on the rear master cylinder has worked for me before, you can do it with time but that makes it much easier.

hairdoo

Postby hairdoo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:34 pm

hi yanw am trying to get a few jobs sorted while im off for christmas ,at the moment ive the rear calliper suspended above the reservoir overnight should help ill try that if not ill try reverse bleeding upto the master cylinder banjo bolt im guessing it will need to be open slightly to expel any air/fluid as i inject fluid from the bleed nipple , one good thing is i have many different sized syringes ..
All i want is a rear brake that doesnt feel like a sponge!!! Merry Christmas Dave n family

hairdoo

Postby hairdoo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:18 pm

as posted elsewhere most of my lever travel was down to incorrect pedal height damn i could kick myself.. Dave