Top Box fittings

Information on all types of biking apparel and accessories.
GPZowner

Top Box fittings

Postby GPZowner » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:27 pm

I have just purchased a 1995 GPZ 500s. and would like to fit a Top Box. Can anyone tell me who supplies the support brackets for this bike, will brackets off another model fit this bike ? as I've never seen the GPZ 500 advertised. Thanks in advance.

yanw

Re: Top Box fittings

Postby yanw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm

I'm not sure they are sold new anymore, I think you have to check the second hand sites.

Shiney

Postby Shiney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 pm

Top box racks for these are like hens teeth. You can spend £££'s on a brand new Hepco & Becker one or wait months for a used one to pop up pn Ebay. You can strap an oxford tank bag on the tail which is a good alternative, but they don't weather well if you're commuting every day.

GPZowner

Postby GPZowner » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Just to keep you up to date. I bought a Suzuki Bandit Top Box frame off of Ebay for £16, because it looked quite straight, complete with top plate. Expecting to chop it up a bit, but it fitted quite well, using the 2 bolt lugs at the end to fit onto the footrest bolts at the back. Then removed the luggage fastenings under the GPZ frame either side and using the bolt holes ( one either side ) fitted 2 homemade brackets fitted to the Top Box frame. Bought Top Box for £45, Ebay again, job done :D